- Fabric, books, patterns -- Marianne is collecting those
- Home Décor -- Pictures, vases, collectibles etc
- Kids Craft supplies kits, stickers, books,
- Sewing notions buttons, binding, zippers, tools, scissors, rulers – Marianne is collecting
- Kitchen and Dining -- dishes, kitchen gadgets, glasses
- Jewelry and Accessories - scarfs, bags, personal items
Please email me at email@example.com and we can make pickup/drop-off arrangements. It looks like we are going to have a great variety of items for sale. The committee would much appreciate that you don’t hold on to the above donations until September since it is quite a feat for us to organize and price them! Pickup can easily be arranged, so don’t hesitate to reach out.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not the totality of items we want to sell. Please continue to save other items such as yarn, other craft supplies, household goods, etc. for the sale. Await further instructions on collections of those items.
If you have any questions, please reach out.
A Shout Out and Thanks
I never thought I would see it in my lifetime, but we are going to have a real, live meeting in
September-Maybe, I hope. If we do, you should give a big shout out and thanks to the new
President: Robin McMillen
Membership: Elizabeth Young and Sarah Reindel
Corresponding Sec: Marianne Caporale
Recording Sec: Angela Brant
Programs: Jen Burke
Asst. to Programs: Donna Daley
Treasurer: Ellen McMillen
Ways and Means: Elaine Egan
2020 Quilt Guild Challenge - Angela Brant
- Best evokes season
- Best use of color
- Most original
- Best quilting
- Finished Size: Your challenge can be any finished size you want.
- • Methods of Construction: You are free to use whatever construction or quilting methods work best for your creation (i.e., machine piece, hand piece, paper piece, machine appliqué, hand appliqué, machine or hand quilt, etc.). We encourage you to challenge yourself and be creative.
- Due Date: Finished challenges are due at our June, 2020 guild meeting for judging by your quilt guild peers. All guild members attending the meeting will have the opportunity to vote anonymously for their favorite challenge quilt.
- ALL QUILTS ENTERED IN THE CHALLENGE WILL BE DISPLAYED.If you have any questions about the challenge please contact Angela Brant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-682-3871.
Membership - Sara Reindel and Elizabeth Young
Penn Oaks Sunshine
If you know of a guild member who could use some well wishes or encouragement because of a sickness or life event, please contact me at email@example.com. I will make sure, as the in-coming Corresponding Secretary, to send our collective good thoughts to our fellow member.
As we emerge from the chaos of the pandemic one of the many things we have to look forward to is our winter Getaway. We will continue to hold our Getaway at the Amish View Inn & Suites at 3125 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand. Next year, the Getaway dates are February 23-27. We will take the Getaway reservations at the October meeting. This will allow everyone time to make their plans, and give our new members the opportunity to find out about this fun event. The sewing room has the capacity to hold 28 quilters, allowing one 6 foot long table per quilter. However, the final number of attendees will be determined closer to the October meeting based on current CDC and Amish View Inn guidelines. The sewing room fee is $500 plus 6% tax; this amount will be shared equally by all attendees. The room rates (including tax) for a single/double room will be $125.43 for Wednesday/Thursday nights, and $177.60 for Friday/Saturday nights. A deposit of $100.00 per room will hold your reservation. Come for one night, two, three or all four nights to sew, shop and visit with your fellow members. Just a reminder, the POQ Getaway is completely self-funded. Members are responsible for finding their own roommate and for sharing the room cost. Our contract is for the Double Queen Rooms. Take a look at the Amish View Inn web site ( www.AmishViewInn.com) to learn about this wonderful venue. We'll have more information as we get closer to our event date. Please contact us with any questions.
Ellen McMillen (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cindy Vognetz (email@example.com) 2022 Getaway Co-Chairs