Thursday, June 25, 2020

July 2020 Newsletter


President's Letter
As we roll into summer and a new year, I am hopeful, soon, we will be able to meet in person. I am looking forward to working with all guild members. 
Our numbers have dwindled. For any organization to succeed we need new members. If anyone has ideas on how to attract new members, please reach out to me. 
The new board will meet in July to firm up the year. I know Jen has been working hard to secure programs given our current situation. 
Have a safe and fun summer. 

Lynn Telson

Programs - Jen Burke

I have taken over programs for next year and want to thank Denise for a job well done. It’s been crazy, but I’m so glad that we get to “see” each other on zoom! I don’t know about you, but this pandemic shut down my “escapes” (quilt meetings, quilt shopping, petting pretty fabric) so it’s so nice to be able to meet even if I am in my own quilting room. To maintain our connections, we still will be having the bee August. For now, the bee is virtual.  But we will be zooming, chatting, and snacking as we quilt. All the neighboring guilds had to change our programs drastically, so the year I had planned is not the year we will have, but it will be FANTASTIC! Can’t wait to “see” you in August!


Newsletter Articles - Kelly Meanix
As always members are invited to send items to be included in the newsletter. Please send them to Kelly Meanix at kellymx@aol.com Items are due no later than the 24th of the month. The newsletter is published on the 25th, except for holidays. Please send them in an email and not as an attachment.

Summer Mystery Quilt? - Jen Burke

Anyone want to “meet” and do a mystery quilt together?

I’m a lover of mystery quilts. I do Cheryl’s (Meadow Mist Designs) mystery quilt every year and I love it every time. Last year I did 2 different colorways, just because I love her quilts. The year before I added a second colorway mid-mystery, so I decided just to start earlier.

Anyway, she has a mystery starting July 2nd. Would anyone be interested in “getting together” on zoom and working on the mystery with me? Underneath is the picture of the quilt I did one year to give you a good example.

If you’re interested in “meeting” and doing the mystery quilt together, email me at usnmcdoc@yahoo.com

https://meadowmistdesigns.blogspot.com/p/morewood-mystery-quilt.html



Sampler Sew Along - Kelly Meanix

How is it going? Has everyone caught up with the blocks? Are you enjoying the bonus blocks? 
I will no longer be sending out bonus blocks on the 15th of the month. Those were the paper pieced only blocks. Starting in July we will go back to blocks coming out the first of the month. Questions? Call or email me.  

Show and Tell

Suzanne Stiverson
This is my Hawaiian appliquéd pillow finished with Sashiko.



Marianne Caporale - Laura Heine collage from the Calico Cutters workshop


No comments:

Post a Comment

 PennOaks Newsletter March 2024 President's Note Hi, all! We had a cozy but marvelous getaway. The hotel gave us each a print by a local...